Hermana Greenhalgh

Hermana Greenhalgh

Friday, January 2, 2015

9 Months Older and Wiser Too... Hump Day Is On It's Way! Letter 12/29/14

Mi Familia, y Mi Amigos!!
 
Feliz Navidad! Sorry I wasn't able to write last week! We had lots of craziness going on with Mission Conference! But my Christmas was awesome. It was the most Christ-centered Christmas I have ever had. I will give a little run down of each of the days :)
 
Monday: We had a big Mission Conference and got to have breakfast together as a mission.  Then half the mission went to a museum, while the others got to spend some time getting know President and Sister Toone. After lunch we switched. Getting to know President and Sister Toone was awesome! They truly are amazing! After everyone finished we had dinner as a mission, then a talent show! Sister Thompson and I sang "A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief" because Joseph Smith's birthday is the 23rd of December, so it was really neat. Santa came after the show was over, and told jokes! After all that we had a make shift breakfast for the next day.
 
Tuesday:  Bright and early we headed to the temple for a mission picture!! The mission picture is on the Tempe Mission Page if you want to see it. After the picture we all split off and did temple sessions. After the temple we all got to go to Deseret Book and look around. Let me tell you that was a big deal because it was! All the missionaries haven't been there in FOREVER. After shopping I went with four Elders -by myself...- to In&Out Burger for lunch, and then after we drove to Tempe for MLC or Mission Leadership Committee. When we got to Tempe we then took a 3 hour drive to YUMA!! I got to ride with Sister Toone, and some other Sisters. We pretty much interrogated Sister Toone with questions, but she didn't mind! It was really cool getting to know her more. When we finally arrived in Hyder, Arizona, mind you that it is in the middle of NO WHERE, literally, NO WHERE, we had a training from the Assistants, then dinner provided by Olive Garden, and then we went star gazing as a part of our training. Pretty much one of the most spiritual experiences I have had on my mission :) It twas' amazing! After, we took a long drive back to Tempe, and then I had another 45 minute drive with the Zone Leaders back to Phoenix. We didn't make it home until 12:30. Talk about being tired. I have no idea how I even made it past 10:30 in high school.
 
Wednesday: Christmas Eve! We did our regular proselyting, and then after had dinner with a member! Later we went caroling with the elders in our District, and then played Chair Soccer until 9. When we got home I had my own little make shift Christmas Eve dinner. If you know my family, Christmas Eve is a big deal! So I had my own little cheese and crackers, and sparkling cider. :) The Sisters and I were talking and we had a knock at our door. There was a young man named Juan Menor. He noticed all the missionaries in the apartment complex had Jesus Christ on their nametags and was interested in learning more. CHRISTMAS MIRACLE!! We introduced him to the Elders because it's their area, and they are now teaching him!!
 
Thursday: CHRISTMAS!! We woke up late... WHOOPS. Our alarms didn't go off. Next we opened our presents, and quickly got ready, but it's all good we made it in time for studies. We did our regular studies, and then watched "Finding Faith in Christ" and then headed to go SKYPE!! Yay. I loved Skyping my family. I miss them a ton, but I know I'm supposed to be here! After Skype we went to Hermana Zaya's house and she made us lunch! She truly is the best member ever. She got us gifts too! After we headed home and tried out our new Christmas gifts. So I got sweatpants and a sweatshirt for Christmas when I put them on I look like a ninja! Yes, I do have ninja pictures.. after the mission.. just kidding.  But, in all honesty, I could be a ninja. After the fun, we went to dinner at the Tavizon families house and then went to the church for more zone activities. All in all good day!
 
The rest of the week was good, we went back to normal proselyting!  My Christmas was amazing, and I know that Christ really is the reason for the season. I hope all of you have been able to feel the Christmas Spirit, and are ready for this new year! 
 
P.S. My mission is half over.. what the what. HUMP DAYY!!!
 
Con Amor,
Hermana Greenhalgh
 
Christmas Eve
Christmas Moments!
Ninja!
Three Stockings!
Sister Kleinlein and I
Sister Schroeder and I - she was also in Casa Grande
Whose Got a Beard that Soft and White??







 

No comments:

Post a Comment