Hermana Greenhalgh

Hermana Greenhalgh

Monday, December 15, 2014

So President Called Me Last Night.... - Letter 12/15/14

Feliz Navidad!! Buenos Dias!,
 
How was everyone's week? Mine was pretty fantastic! We have been working a lot with Esteban getting him ready for him baptism next Saturday! Sister Thompson and I have also been working at the lights, and teaching lots of people! 
 
So transfer calls happened last night and... I've been called to be the Phoenix Sister Training Leader, so that means I will be going to all the big meetings and doing lots of trainings to help the sisters. They usually don't call a missionary as young as me as a Sister Training Leader, so I'm quite shocked!! President and Sister Toone said that they felt prompted to call me as a Leader!! What the what!! I'm stoked and I'm ready to learn A LOT!
 
Sister Thompson and I have been working a ton trying to get everything ready for Christmas. Missionary life during Christmas is thebomb.com.  Everything is so focused on the Savior I love it! 
 
So I have a story for all of  you today.  Thursday night we were working at the lights, and we were walking the outer edge of the temple grounds and this guy came and shoved anti-literature in my face. He was screaming in my ear and was yelling all sorts of profane things about our church. I just brushed it off and called security, there was a mob of about 40 antis who were yelling nasty things.  I wanted to say, "come on people it's just Christmas lights!".. It was ridiculous.
 
Friday night we went to the lights as a ward, it was packed. We watched some videos with our ward at the Visitors Center and I got compliments that my Spanish is starting to sound like a native... haha CHA-RIGHT!  No, but my Spanish is so much better since I've come to Phoenix.
 
Well, I don't have a ton to say this week it's been really good and I hope everyone is doing well!
 
Con Amor,
 
Hermana Greenhalgh 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment