Hermana Greenhalgh

Hermana Greenhalgh

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Another Week Bites the Dust...Letter 01/19/15

Buenos Dias Todos!

How was everyone's week? Thank you for the emails and letters! I hope everyone has had a good week! January is almost over, Crazy!!  Transfers are next week, and transfer calls are this coming Sunday. I
will most likely be staying here in Phoenix. I had interviews this week with President Toone, and he wants to keep me as STL, so hopefully that means the other sisters I live with are getting transferred because they have been here forever. I will be getting a new companion as well.

Well this week has been quite eventful...

Monday:  For District Activity, we made sugar cookies and played games.  It was pretty fun. Later that night we had and amazing Family Home Evening with the Palacio Family and Rodriguez Family! We watched the
Joseph Smith Movie, and had homemade Mexican hot chocolate.

Tuesday:  We had interviews with President Toone, and I trained the Zone on Christ-like attributes. I had them do two different activities.  It was neat!  Sister Toone texted me after and told me she loved it!
WINNING! After the trainings we had a birthday party for President Toone, and had cake! We had a Phoenix bird piƱata made and sang to him in Spanish and Samoan because he served his mission in Samoa! Later Sister Thompson and I went to lunch and had some lessons.

Wednesday:  I had my interview with President Toone because he ran out of time on Tuesday, later we had District Meeting, and it was alright. After we had a few more lessons, and then I got really sick and we had
to come home. I got the flu and have dealt with that all week.

Thursday:  Today was a pretty normal day.  We did our proselyting and then Hermana Zayas bought us Chick Fil A for dinner, later we had a few more lessons, and taught lots of less- actives.

Friday: We had weekly planning, and after had some lessons.. Yes we teach a lot haha! We had lots of bombs dropped on us tonight and a lot of friends we are teaching, and members shared some insightful things
with us...

Saturday: We did service in the morning and cleaned the church. After we went home, got ready, and did some Spanish study. Next we went to the church, did Facebook proselyting, and then left to go to the
Visitors Center. At the Mesa Temple Visitors Center we watched "Meet the Mormons" in Spanish, then did the family walk through with the Palacio family! It was awesome, we took pictures and had a great time.
On the way home I had a really bad headache and my companion kept asking if I was OK. We got back and I felt like I was going to die. I was as pale as a ghost, and was sweating badly. We got to a member's
house for dinner and the elders looked at me and were like "oh my goodness are you ok?" The member came over and started grabbing my face and trying to massage my head... Mind you he was a man.. I felt
so awkward. He wouldn't stop. He finally hit a nerve on my neck and I about threw up. I ran out, and stayed in the bathroom to try to get away from the member. After, I told them I had to go. Sister Thompson
and I left and I went home and crashed for the next 12 hours. I was so sick! Sister Toone had me stay in and sleep it off.

Well that's about it for this week! Don't let people give you head massages... It turns out bad.

Whelp, see ya!!

Hermana Greenhalgh

Plan of Salvation lesson with Torres kids
Service at the church
 

No comments:

Post a Comment