Hermana Greenhalgh

Hermana Greenhalgh

Monday, January 5, 2015

Over The Hill! - Letter 01/05/15

Buenos Dias Familia y Amigos,

This week has been COLD!! Yeah, it does get cold in Arizona. Sister Thompson and I have been on bikes most of the week because we don't have miles to drive right now. It's been down to 30 degrees and up to 50 degrees all week long. It's been quite a ride. It's going to be really hard coming home in October to really cold weather.
  
As for miracles this week we have been finding lots of new people to teach and lots of prepared people. A few weeks ago I talked about the Palacio Family.  Well, we had an amazing lesson with them on Saturday and now they are on date for BAPTISM!! A whole family!! They are on date for the 21 of February! They are literally the most prepared people I have met on my mission this far. I know that I'm out here for them. They love the Gospel already, and have earnest desires to attend the temple!
 
For weekly events nothing big happened.  On New Years Day we worked for the last time at the lights, and then went to bed. Nothing spectacular. It has been a pretty normal week, quite stressful too, but it's all good. Half way to the finish. I can't believe how fast time has flown. I look back on journal entries, and pictures, and can't grasp how fast it has went.
 
Funny story - so we were teaching the Verdugo Family, they are the ones who has Esteban who is getting baptized this SATURDAY, ...anyways last night we went over there after dinner to teach them. Well, we had been fasting all day and for dinner a member made us Chicken in Green Salsa, and Orange Juice.. Talk about acid reflux. Well my stomach was on fire and I told the kids I had hell in stomach instead of fire.. Yes Spanish is still hard. Oh man, they looked at me with the craziest expressions on their faces. 
 
That's about it for my week.  I hope everyone is doing good. Write me!! 
 
5421 W. Indian School Phoenix, AZ 85031 :)

Con Amor,
Hermana Greenhalgh
 
Mexican Tradition:  Eye of the Tiger
Mexican Tradition:  Tamales and Mexican Hot Chocolate

 

No comments:

Post a Comment