Hermana Greenhalgh

Hermana Greenhalgh

Thursday, June 5, 2014

Week 2 - Fun Times - Letter 06/02/14

Hola Familia!

How is everyone doing? I hope you are all doing awesome! Congratulations Melissa I'm so proud of you on graduating Seminary, and High School tonight! Make sure to take lots of pictures! I regret not taking very many but that's ok! 
 
Anyways some really funny things that happened this week are: First we had to drive out to a little town called Eloy which has the highest murder rate in the country... Anyways when we got there it was like 8:30 pm and we taught a guy named Mario outside. While teaching him this HUGE frog jumped out and scared all of us! Long story short it peed all over me and my companion. 
 
Next my companions and I decided to go running in morning Wednesday and as we were running I slipped... and FACEPLANTED! Yes that is normal Lindsey... Well I scraped my knees and took lots of skin off my hands. Go FIGURE! Another story was we were in Eloy and the lady that was supposed to feed us canceled last minute so we had to find food. We stopped at this somewhat normal looking restaurant and walked in. The lady asked us if we had reservations... there was literally maybe 3 people in the wide open restaurant, and we needed reservations for Fish Fry. So we ended up finding this super sketchy place called Encore and went in, and it actually turned out to be super good! Well those are my crazy stories for this week haha.
 
Back to the Gospel one of my companions recent converts said this: "Want to know the secret to missionary work? The secret is that there is no secret. There is nothing that you can do to change the minds of the people around you. There is no scripture that you can share, there's no video to watch, no invitation to make; you as an individual have zero impact." Don't stop reading because I'm just getting started. At the end of the day, the conversion still occurs. Investigators are impacted, but you're not the source. Missionary work goes much higher that you or I. Really the only missionary is the Godhead. Heavenly Father is a straight up genius! He knows the universe in ways that you or I couldn't even fathom, and He has designed the Godhead with such precision that He doesn't need our help at all; we need Him. I believe that it is out of the kindness of Heavenly Father's own heart that He allows us to serve in His kingdom as missionaries. We are but humble mirrors reflecting the radiance of Heavenly Father's glory and light. 
 
So, with that being said, the question still remains; How can we be good missionaries? The only things we can do as missionaries is stay focused on our own personal journey to becoming more Christlike. I believe that this Earth is just the training grounds for a bigger work that can't quite be described in any Earthly form. We must look at our time here as a constant learning experience. As we aim to be more humble and loving, our ability to reflect Heavenly Father's glory increases exponentially and in turn our example of Christ becomes the source of power for all missionary work." I love it, it's blunt but very powerful. 
 
President Uchtdorf said: "The most important thing is to keep trying- sometimes it takes several attempts before people find success. So don't give up. Don't lose faith. Keep your heart close to the Lord, and He will give you the power.." those are just somethings that have helped me this week. I've been struggling a ton with Spanish this week so I've been trying to keep my head up. I know I can do it only through our Heavenly Father. I hope everyone has a great week, remember to have FAITH!
 
Love you all,
Hermana Greenhalgh

No comments:

Post a Comment