Hermana Greenhalgh

Hermana Greenhalgh

Monday, July 27, 2015

Service is the Only Way to Find Happiness - Letter 07/27/15

Wow!

What a week it was! I've never done so much non-stop service in my life! We had the opportunity to do a service project through justserve.org, it was amazing! We did service for Feed My Starving Children, I absolutely loved it. I got to work as a warehouse member all four sessions. I lifted 30 lb rice bins and carried them to different locations I was a "runner" which means I get everyone what they need when they need it! We would go in 2 hour sessions have a 30 minute break and go again! I'm super sore, but hey, I've got muscles so no biggie! I enjoyed every minute of it! Our goal was to pack 1,000,000 meals in 3 days!

As far as teaching is going, it's so good. So, there is a ton of less-active work here, and I've been working my tail off trying get people back to church. Sometimes I feel like it's a lost cause but NO! Yesterday a lady that I've been working with for 9 months came to church for the first time in over a year. I wanted to cry! My heart skipped when I saw her! Ahh the fruits of my labor are blooming! My favorite type of missionary work is less-active work, not sure why but I love helping the lost sheep come back! I'm literally a visiting-teaching professional. My heart goes out to those who, after some really difficult trials, turn their life around and come back!

My companion and I are working with all the auxiliaries, and trying to get this Ward into shape! Last night we were at a members house, and she was telling how she's going through a hard trial. After the Elders left I had the impression I needed to stay and talk with her so I did.  She cried and said it's exactly what she needed. She told me how much she's seen me change, and how much the Ward had changed for the better. I know I'm staying another transfer for a reason! I've got work to do!

Sorry this is short! But I love you all, thank you for all the support!

Hermana Greenhalgh


No comments:

Post a Comment