Hermana Greenhalgh

Hermana Greenhalgh

Saturday, July 18, 2015

Happy Days Fly By Way Too Fast!! - Letter 07/13/15

Que Es Bueno!?

How was everyone's week? Flew super fast like mine? Well I hope everyone had a good week, and is enjoying the remainder of the Summer! School is starting up again here in Phoenix. The teachers start today, and students next week! I'm officially at 9 months here in Phoenix in the Cielito Ward! It's so crazy to think I've been here since November. They haven't had a sister stay for 9 months in a long time, then I come along! As I've been here I've learned so much, knocked countless doors, helped 8 people get baptized, and helped lots of in-actives return to church. All in all it has been a ride! So tomorrow we are receiving transfer calls! I'm probably leaving... It's going to be so hard to say goodbye, I'm leaving some amazing people! But I will return! Who knew one could have so much love for strangers? I've served in two areas my whole mission...usually people have 4-5 areas, but I'm needed in areas longer I suppose! 

As far as my week went, it went so rapidly fast that I can barely remember what happened! Just kidding!  But seriously it was so fast! Tuesday we went on exchanges I went to Aguila (Eagle Ward) in South Phoenix about 20 minutes away with Sister Mello. We had an awesome exchange I learned so much from her! Wednesday we exchanged back and went to the food bank. Thursday we got to attend the Phoenix temple! Yay! It is one of the most amazing temples I've been in. I've now attended all 3 temples that the mission allows us to go to, Mesa, Gilbert, and Phoenix.  All beautiful and very unique! After the temple, my district went to "Reyes Del Torta" the guy from "Man vs. Food" did the food challenge there, pretty awesome right? When we finished we went on exchanges again but this time I stayed in my area with Sister Rogers. I haven't been on exchanges in my own area in over 8 months, it was nice! We had two amazing lessons! While on exchanges a member of ours, Hermana Vela, told me my Spanish is so good! She said I sound more native than any of the other missionaries in this Ward! My setting apart blessing is coming to pass! People are recognizing me for my accent! Friday we attended President Packer's funeral, which was sad but spiritual! What an amazing man he was! Saturday we took Eduardo and a part member family to the temple visitors center.  It was awesome! We did all the tours and got to sit outside and look at the reflection pool and temple. Here's a quote I want to share with you "Smile when you think of the temple. It is a place of power and blessing."

Something I want to share with you all is my testimony of the Plan of Salvation! I know that through our Savior Jesus Christ the Plan was made possible! It answers so many of life's great questions, where did I come from, why am I here, and where am I going? Wednesday night this was made clearer to me than ever. I dreamed of my Grandma Pat and we had a great conversation. She's doing good! I miss her a lot! I woke up in tears, but later Thursday morning I  was able to attend the temple. I was able to feel the Spirit so strongly testify to me that I would see my Grandma again! I know that death has no sting because Jesus Christ paid the price for our sins, and overcame death. Everything will work out, and we will see our family again. There is an Elder in my ward who is about to lose his grandma.  Friday night we were at dinner and he shared the message after we ate about the Plan of Salvation, the lady we ate with just lost her mom so she began crying, Elder Southwick was crying, and I was crying. It was really spiritual! Just to finish this paragraph I want to share a scripture with you:
 
"Now, concerning the state of the soul between death and the resurrection--Behold, it has been made known unto me by an angel, that the spirits of all men, as soon as they are departed from this mortal body, yea, the spirits of all men, whether they be good or evil, are taken home to that God who gave them life." Alma 40:11

One last thing, I finished the Book of Mormon today! As always my testimony grows stronger and stronger every time I read the 2nd witness of Jesus Christ! I was challenged to read the Book of Mormon every single day for the rest of my life, you better believe it's happening! I love the Book of Mormon, it truly is the anchor of my testimony and it has changed my life. I know that if someone reads it, and abides by its teachings they can find no greater peace! I know the Savior lives, and I know this church is true! 

Disfrutan su día! 
 
Con mucho amor,
Hermana Greenhalgh
 
Noe and I
Saying Goodbye
Visitor's Center with Eduardo

No comments:

Post a Comment