Hermana Greenhalgh

Hermana Greenhalgh

Monday, November 24, 2014

Attitude of Gratitude >> HAPPY THANKSGIVING! - Letter 11/24/14

Feliz dia de las Gracias!!

Como estas todo? :) I miss you all! This week has been really good! I have seen lots of miracles! So, on Tuesday, President Toone's secretary called us and President Toone asked us to work at the Mesa Temple light show this year! Not very many people get that opportunity in their missions so I feel very lucky!! We also received a family referral which means we have 4 or more potential baptisms and investigators! 
 
Phoenix never ceases to surprise me!  I see more and more things every day that remind me of Nacho Libre! Which, by the way, Libre is free, and his song he sings in the movie means he is now free of being a monk. Fun fact for you all! On Friday Sister Thompson and I had the opportunity to go to Mesa for a light show meeting. There were sisters from 3 different missions. After seeing the way they presented themselves and acted I'm SO GRATEFUL to be in Tempe Mission. Sister Toone and President Toone keep this mission running so smoothly and the missionaries are obedient which is key!
 
Friday Night we attended Edgar Torres' funeral which was really sad. It's crazy how other funerals are when they aren't in LDS environments. People are a lot more sad, and they don't realize that they will see their families again. After the funeral we had an amazing lesson with a Converso Reciente, or Recent Convert named Hermana Araceli. We shared a new Christmas video that the church is launching Black Friday in Times Square, on YouTube, and other sites! It was super spiritual and powerful. I encourage all of you to watch it as soon as it comes out! It's called "He is the Gift."
 
So a funny story for you this week...On Saturday we had dinner with a family outside of our area and when we got to their house we parked our car and walked inside. 20 minutes later the neighbor came over and started screaming cuss words in Spanish at us because he didn't like where our car was parked. The family just shook their heads and told us not to worry about it. I guess the guy thinks he owns the sidewalk in front of his house. Well he threatened to hit our car with his truck the next time our car was parked there. It was pretty ridiculous!!
 
I just wanted to end this email and say THANK YOU to everyone who has supported me while I've been on my mission! It truly is a blessing to be able to bring others unto Christ, and help them feel of the Savior's love. I'm so grateful for the place I get to serve in, and the people I get to rub shoulders with. I have truly learned the meaning of consecration, and how to give all that I have to help others. I'm so grateful to all of those who have helped shape and mold my life, especially my mom and dad and sisters. I'm so grateful for my Grandma Pat who taught me how to love everyone, and be grateful in any circumstance. Finally I'm grateful for the Savior and the Atonement that gives us the opportunity to change every day and become better.
 
I love you all and I hope you have a wonderful THANKSGIVING! Remember how blessed you are, and never forget Heavenly Father loves you!

Con mucho amor,
 
Hermana Greenhalgh
 
 
Puppies!
With Hermana Thompson
Flour fight
New sweater!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment