Hermana Greenhalgh

Hermana Greenhalgh

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Tests and Trials are for Polishing - Letter 11/17/14

Hola Familia,
 
This week has been great, and very sad as well. One of our investigators passed away on Tuesday, and Elder Collins (my old District leader's) Dad passed Sunday morning. I know that trials have to happen for us to grow, but sometimes I wish they didn't have to happen. I think of the Conference talk from President Uchtdorf and how he compares us to diamonds needing more polishing in this life in order to be brilliant and radiant. I would ask that you keep the Collins family in your prayers and especially Elder Seth Collins, and the Torres family with the passing of their son and my investigator Edgar.
 
On a better note we were able to watch the Phoenix Temple celebration and dedication. It was very unique, I have never experienced that before. The Phoenix Temple is very small, but very beautiful none the less. I can't wait to return from my mission and visit many more temples. I hope you all are attending the temple and feeling of the Spirit that is there. I would give anything to be able to attend whenever I wanted.
 
Sister Thompson and I have had so much success this week with finding 8 new investigators and really working hard to put people on date for baptism. It has been an adjustment working with a new companion, but once we have smoothed out the rough spots we've worked pretty well. I'm the Senior companion in the companionship so it means I have to make all the decisions. It is a lot of responsibility, but I know it will prepare me for other callings.
 
Well I don't have much to say this week besides KEEP MOVING FORWARD. I hope this next week will have less hardships than this one.
 
Love you all and be safe,
Hermana Lindsey Greenhalgh

No comments:

Post a Comment