Hermana Greenhalgh

Hermana Greenhalgh

Monday, August 25, 2014

There Must be Opposition in All Things - Letter 08/25/14

Buenos Dias Familia,

How is everyone doing? I'm glad to hear from everyone! It's good to hear Konner's birthday was good, and thank you all for the letters that have come my way this week. So this week my letter is going to be a little bit different. This week has brought to pass many trials, but my companion and I are still seeing the miracles! We have had to drop 5 people from our teaching records, because they won't keep their commitments. We have had lots of let downs from our investigators, and everyone in the apartment is getting strep. Talk about craziness, but some miracles that we have seen are on Saturday we were supposed to go to Tempe with our investigator to the visitors center, but she ended up not letting us know she wasn't going so we called everyone we could to see if they could go, but nothing. We were obviously not supposed to go that night, in return we saw the miracle of finding two new people to teach!
 
On Friday we went to Tempe for the 12 week trainee meeting, and the presidents wife wanted to meet with Sister Johnson and I. We met with her, and she told us what exemplary sisters we were, and that her and President Toone felt strongly prompted to put us together. She also said that our language has improved, and she is so proud to have such level-headed sisters together in Casa Grande.
 
I've been reading a ton this week in personal study about comfort, and strength. Some talks that I encourage all of you to read are "Your Wonderful Journey Home" by Dieter F. Uchtdorf, also "The Hope of God's Light" also by Dieter F. Uchtdorf. Some neat scriptures I have found are in D&C 127:2, 2 Nephi 22:2, and 2 Corinthians 12: 9-10. These talks and scriptures have brought me lots of peace this week. I know that Heavenly Father loves each and everyone one of us. We must face opposition in life because without it, we wouldn't grow.
 
Some news about my companion is she's AWESOME! I've literally been so blessed to have her! She is from Ogden, UT. She is the same sister who was in my district from Mexico! She is just like me! We literally are like twins. I'm so happy to know that it was inspired to put us together! 
 
Okay so a little run down of this week
Monday: Regular P-day, didn't do much but we went shopping, and I found some cool shirts! Later that night we were walking, and this ice cream guy passed us, and Sister Johnson ran after him! We bought some ice cream, and we became friends with him, we are now teaching him online!
 
Tuesday: We had district meeting, and then went over to the Seabring's for lunch. The 98 year old grandma who speaks not a word of English made us lunch! She is so cute she made us sandwiches, with chips and dip, and ice cream! We had dinner with the Carr Family that night, they are literally the best members ever!
 
Wednesday: We had correlation tonight with the Bishopric, and got asked to speak to the YW for mutual. We talked to them about missionary work, I made 3 of the girls cry when I told them about why I'm out here! It was a really awesome experience!
 
Thursday: Went to Eloy #tootoughtodie, and drove over 80 miles, we found a really awesome lady named Linda! She is super interested. We dropped a couple people in Eloy which was hard, but we can't teach people who don't keep their commitments! We came home from Eloy and rode bikes the rest of the night, while riding we got caught in a bad dust storm, YAY. When we got home we were covered in dirt!
 
Friday: We had weekly planning today, and then went to the New Missionary meeting, Sister Toone met with us.  Later we went to dinner at the Montelongos, and then went to ice cream! This random lady came into Coldstone and bought us ice cream! We went outside and talked with them, they are members from the Coolidge area in Casa Grande. FREE ICE CREAM! Later that night Sister Johnson and I had the apartment to ourselves because the other sisters were in Tempe so we were super bored, and took lots of random videos. When you're a missionary you have to find ways to entertain yourself! 
 
Saturday: The visitors center mishap! The Elders knew that we were having a rough go this week with our investigators so they brought us bagels!
 
Sunday: I sang in sacrament today! It was cool to sing in Spanish! Also 4 of our investigators came to church, but left before Sacrament.. Darn it. We had dinner with the Carr Family again, We helped them make dinner, and then Sister Johnson and I did their dishes! Later that night these drunk guys came up to us, and I had the worst feeling ever! They wouldn't leave us alone, finally we got away and then headed to the church for STATs.

All in all that about sums up my week. Some things I've learned is the mission is the training ground for the rest our lives! I've learned how to overcome disappointment, how to have more charity, and how to rely on Heavenly Father! 

I hope everyone has a good week!
 
Love you all,

Hermana Greenhalgh


No comments:

Post a Comment