Hermana Greenhalgh

Hermana Greenhalgh

Sunday, August 24, 2014

Transfer 4, Week 1 - Letter 08/18/14

Buenos Dias Familia,

How has everyone's week been? My week has been a million times better than last week. I know Heavenly Father is aware of each and everyone one of us. I've seen so many miracles this week, and have had many prayers answered. Here's a little run down of my week:
 
Monday: Said hasta luego to Hermana Jacobsen, spent P-day with the other Sisters, and taught lots of people in the English area. It's definitely a different experience in the English area because people aren't as receptive. We got to have FHE with these old people, they get together every Monday and eat a bunch of junk and do FHE. It was so fun!
 
Tuesday: Today we had District Meeting with the English District because our Spanish District was pretty much gone with everyone leaving. Elder Belnap, one of the District Leaders, taught a really good meeting about praying for inspiration. After the meeting the remainder of the Zone not including two elders went to Big Wa Chinese. It was super good, and it was also nice to have something different than Mexican food.  Later that night we taught in my area, and then finished off the night with Daily Planning.
 
Wednesday: TODAY IS THE DAY. I GET A NEW COMPANION. Boy was I nervous. We drove up to Tempe, and got to the Mission Home. Before transfer meeting started I was talking to Hermana Johnson from the CCM, I said "wouldn't it be so cool if got to be companions" We both just laughed because it usually never happens. Anyways transfer meeting started, and they started making the transfers they call "Hermana Greenhalgh is staying in Casa Grande, and her new companion is A. Johnson." Hermana Johnson looked confused like "is that me?" Yep I was right on! We're companions!! We are so excited to be taking on the area. We get along so well, and we both are so new to the field that we have this fire about us, that motivates us to do all that we can to find new people. We have found 5 new people to teach in neighborhoods I have been in for the last 3 months. It's crazy how much has been done since I got a new companion. The work is moving forward!!
 
Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday: These last four days, Hermana Johnson and I have been working super hard. We have found new people to teach, found former investigators from months previous, did a service project, and have had a blast! Our Spanish is improving rapidly.  It's crazy how much more Spanish I've spoke since the transfer started! We also started a new meal, and workout plan that we are doing together which has been super fun. I'm beyond grateful to have a new companion, and especially grateful that it is Hermana Johnson! Here's to the best transfer yet!!

Con Amor,
Hermana Greenhalgh
 
Bored in the car with Sister Johnson
Zone lunch at Big Wa.  We crammed 12 people in the corner!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment