Hermana Greenhalgh

Hermana Greenhalgh

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Just Keep Serving, Just Keep Serving... - Letter 06/01/15

Hola Familia y Amigos,
 
Como fue sus semanas? How was your week? Mine was pretty fair! It's been a really long week but gotta keep truckin' on! Something that has been instilled in me this week is how to endure to the end. Sometimes we are given difficult circumstances, scenarios, trials, or whatever else thrown in our path. The real test is, can we endure to the end? I found this scripture and it has given me a lot of comfort when this past week finished, "I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: (2 Timothy 4)"  We have got to keep going no matter how tough it gets, keep moving forward! This morning I climbed South Mountain 2 miles straight up hill with a broken arm, now if that's not enduring I don't know what is! When I reached the top of the cave, I looked down and saw just how far I had climbed. It was an amazing site, and the journey wasn't too hard. If there is anything I want you to get from this letter it would be ENDURE. Learn how to do it, and do it. If the Savior wouldn't have endured the cross and suffering in Gethsemane we wouldn't have the power to endure for ourselves. Jesus Christ is our perfect example of endurance, and can give us so much motivation to just keep going! I've decided the words from "Finding Nemo" fit very well to this situation, "just keep swimming, just keep swimming, what do we do we swim, swim, swim, swim!" 

To add a little bit of cool things that happened this week, Olga was baptized Friday! It was awesome, she's a trooper! When she finished, she was asked to bear her testimony. She felt very nervous and didn't quite understand the question. As she stood there in silence I felt prompted to go help her. I walked up and whispered to her "how do you feel"? She teared up, and was able to express herself. Probably one of the neatest experiences ever! She has suffered so much in her life, and to see her after she came out of the water was so powerful. God is truly watching out for all of us, we just have to take a step back and notice what wonderful blessings we have!

Con Amor,
 
Hermana Lindsey Greenhalgh

🐳Whale see ya 🌊I Sea what you did there

No comments:

Post a Comment