Hermana Greenhalgh

Hermana Greenhalgh

Monday, May 25, 2015

Blessings and Answers - Letter 05/25/15

Querido familia y amigos,

How was everyone's week? School just got out here in Arizona so all the kids are going crazy! The weather has been beautiful, and not very hot which is good because having to wear a cast for my broken arm in the
hot sun is not fun! Well, some crazy and amazing things happened this week...skipping Monday and Tuesday..  

Wednesday I had the opportunity to attend a Sister Training Leader specialized training. We arrived at the Mission Home and me and 9 other sisters sat around talking about what we're going to do. Boy were we all wrong! President Toone and Sister Toone sat us all down and said, "Ok sisters, today we are going to do nothing that has to with missionary work". Uh, president what? "We are going to talk about eternal marriage, and families, later we are going to attend the Gilbert temple, and after have a question and answer with the Temple president and his wife in his office."  Talk about the best day ever!

Lately I've been studying about eternal families and marriage, and so have the other nine sisters. President
said he felt very prompted to talk to all of us about it... :) there was my answer! So we stayed at the Mission Home for and hour, then headed to the temple, and then had a question and answer with the Temple President! After, we all got to go to the brides room! The Spirit was so strong! It was truly an amazing day, lots of prayers of mine were answered :) When we finished at the temple President and Sister Toone took all of us out to dinner! Literally, this day was exactly what I needed! I feel so blessed to be able to be on a mission and to learn and grow! I'm so grateful for temples, and eternal families!

Well, skipping to Saturday, Cecilia got baptized in Mesa! We got permission from Salt Lake to go! It was so spiritual, she was beaming! She is such a light, and the Light of Christ shines through her!

Well, that was some awesome things that happened this week! I've learned a lot of patient perseverance, and how I need to be more patient and understanding. Something that I also want to share is about my lovely
friend Olga who is getting baptized this Friday. She grew up in Mexico and was the top of her class, she became an accountant and married, had two kids, and life was going perfect. At the age of 34 she had an
unexpected stroke. It paralyzed her down her left side. She was in a coma for a month, and had 18 brain surgeries, and the doctors say she's a miracle for living! Her family got split apart and now she's living each day with her disabilities on her own. She truly has her foundation built upon Christ! She keeps going and never gives up! I know Heavenly Father gave me the opportunity to teach her because I
needed to learn a lot! And that is exactly what I have done!

Con Amor,

Hermana Lindsey Greenhalgh


My friend, Noe

No comments:

Post a Comment