Hermana Greenhalgh

Hermana Greenhalgh

Monday, February 2, 2015

New Beginnings - Letter 02/02/15

Buenos Dias,
 
Thank you for the emails everyone! Feel free to write letters.. OK...yes please write me letters. Well, this week has been good, I got a new companion named Sister Alexis Jensen, she is from Indiana. We became instant best friends from the moment we met! I'm so grateful to have her! I'm staying in Cielito "Little Heaven" Ward here in Phoenix for another 6 weeks. My companion and I have big plans for this Ward to truly make it a little heaven. 
 
We have a family on date for baptism! The Palacios :) They are my favorite! I love them so much. We visit them/contact them a lot. They are so ready to be baptized. They are pretty much already members. They come to church, pray, and read without us asking! I'm so excited for them. A year from now they want to make a temple date, which means I'm coming back to Arizona after my mission. As for this week it was really eventful, so I will give you a run down.
 
Monday- I had my last companionship P-day with Sister Thompson.  We had pedicures and went to lunch. It was pretty fun then we had a few lessons fall through and a pretty slow Monday night for teaching. Later I finished planning Leticia and Rigoberto's wedding they are some investigators of the Elders. I made all the decorations for their wedding.
 
Tuesday- Today we had District Meeting, and found that one of the Zone Leaders that I worked with in Leadership became an AP, or Assistant to the President. After the meeting we just had a regular day of proselyting, then headed home for transfer calls. Sister Thompson got transferred to Maricopa, and Sister Kleinlein went home.  Sister Schroeder, who I have lived with pretty much my whole mission, got a call to be a trainer of a new Greenie. I got the call that I'm still the Sister Training Leader for Phoenix!
 
Wednesday- Today was a hard day. I have been missing Grandma Pat a ton lately and we went to a less- active members house and he was smoking. I was having a really rough night so the Elders gave me a blessing. It was really good!  I'm grateful for Priesthood blessings in the mission because I don't have my Dad here with me, but they still do a good job.
 
Thursday- TRANSFERS!! I got put with Sister Jensen today and we became best friends. We visited some new people and had a couple good lessons. My prayers were answered. I received an amazing new companion and I'm so ready for this new transfer. We are going to do WORK!! After transfers some members took us out to lunch, and we unpacked Sister Jensen's things.
 
Friday- Today we had weekly planning, and made goals for this new transfer. We are going to be focused on finding the people that are prepared for the Gospel.  Later, we went and set up for Leticias and Rigobertos wedding.  Next, we had dinner with the PALACIO family! It was soo good! He is a chef, and he made some really good Mexican food...go figure! It was amazing.  The wedding went really well. We didn't have a super good turn-out because it was planned in 3 days...yes it can be done!!  Despues la boda yo y Hermana Jensen teniamos planamiento diario
 
Saturday- We had an amazing lesson with the Palacios Family about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Next, we had Leticia's Baptism and the member used my example of teaching the Holy Ghost in the her talk for the Baptism...Brownie Points!
 
Sunday- It was a crazy day at church, but Sister Jensen met our ward. We made some plans to get this ward fixed ASAP!
 
Well that's about it for my week. It has been good!  PLEASE WRITE ME!!
 
5421 W Indian School Rd. #1062
Phoenix, AZ 85031
 
Con mucho amor,
Hermana Greenhalgh
 
Pedicures with Sister Thompson
Wedding Decorations
Palacios Wedding
Sister Jensen and I




 

No comments:

Post a Comment