Hermana Greenhalgh

Hermana Greenhalgh

Monday, February 9, 2015

So...One Time I Got Robbed...Letter 02/09/15

Family and Friends,

Thank you for all of your concern and letters this week. It's been a really rough week, but today is a new day! Tuesday afternoon around 3:10 p.m. my companion and I were robbed. We were at the public
library doing our Facebook proselyting and a guy came up, took our bags, and ran off.  He then proceeded to steal our car. The library didn't seem too concerned.  We immediately called the cops and 2 hours later they showed up. We filled out a police report and the chances of finding our stuff is slim to none. I'm now out a camera, all my CDs, temple recommend, ministerial certificate and maybe my identity.. Just kidding!  But, really my license and everything is gone. Along with our car, he stole a box full of Books of Mormon. I hope he reads them, and then gets baptized. It's our new way of finding people...letting them steal our cars! After all was said and done with the police, the APs picked us up and we were evacuated from our house. We hurried and packed a bag and went over to the Zayas families house. They took good care of us, but we had to walk the streets of Phoenix which is NEVER a good a idea. That night was rough too say the least. The other Sisters went back to the apartment and were packing and some guy walked in.  They locked themselves in the bathroom and called the police, the police never showed up. They were panicking and the ZLs showed up with a member of our Ward and barged into the house... Little did the Sisters know it was just the housing coordinator changing the locks. Did they dodge that bullet or what?!

When we got back to the Zayas Tuesday night their daughter went and bought us food at 9:30. We just sat and cried, the guy who stole our stuff had been following us. It's really nerve wracking to have to change all my passwords, and as the days go by I realize more and more the things I'm missing from my purse. Well, to put the icing on the cake, Wednesday night we had Correlation, and some really suspicious guy came into the church, and followed Sister Jensen and I to our meeting. He came up and in broken English asked me why I was crying at the library... Uh what? Where did this guy come from? He ended up saying he just moved here and saw us at the library.  It was still creepy though!

Earlier that day the car coordinator brought us a new car...a 2015! Well, we drove it for 3 hours and then the APs called and said we had to switch cars. Thursday I had to go to MLC (Missionary Leadership Council) with the ZLs. When we got there they gave us a new purple car, it's one of the oldest ones in the mission. We call it Terry the Tetradactyl because it looks like a dinosaur. I now have the pleasure of driving it.

Well, at MLC we had our trainings and then President Toone gets up and goes "two of our Sisters were violated yesterday...Sister Greenhalgh will please get up and explain?" Haha...Yes President... Thank you for that introduction. Everyone had shocked expressions on their faces. Anyways, so I got up and shared the story.  So pretty much Sister Jensen and I made the Tempe Mission Newsletter, and we are the first ones this has ever happened to. As if the swallowing the white strip wasn't enough, I now have got a car stolen under my belt. Great, right?? Well, anyways, I'm doing OK!  That's a pretty good summary of my crazy week.

1. Always carry your bag
2. Never make eye contact with strangers
3. Never leave your bank passwords in your wallet

Have a great week!

Con Amor,

Hermana Greenhalgh

No comments:

Post a Comment