Hermana Greenhalgh

Hermana Greenhalgh

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Break-ins, Service and Pooper the Kitten a.k.a. Popito - Letter 10/27/14

Buenos Tardes Todos!

Este Semana fue muy bien! Tuvimos mucho oportunidades servir este semana! Ojalá que ustedes les gusta mi email esta semana.

Well this week has been awesome, we have had many opportunities to serve, and lots of crazy happenings as well.  A little weekly run down of things:

Monday &Tuesday: were pretty normal.  I received my Halloween package! By the way THANK YOU Mom! We also had District Meeting and then pretty normal for the rest of the day.

Wednesday: We had our first lesson with a young guy named Gerardo.  We felt prompted to pass by his house so we followed it, and had an amazing first lesson with him. We invited him to be baptized and he
said he was going to pray about a date! Finally a little success. This area has been difficult for missionary work lately, we have had many people drop us and fall off date. But Sister Johnson and I continue to
look for the miracles. So I found out I more than likely leaving Casa Grande. 6 months is a long time! Transfer calls are this coming Sunday, so I will let you  know what happens.

Thursday: I went in exchanges with Sister Rawlings in my area. We went on another LARC hunt, didn't have too much success, but talked with a few former investigators. Later that night we went to the church for English Class.  It fell through and we have to cancel it! So here's where the email gets weird....

Friday: a few hours after leaving the church Thursday night from English class, the church was broken into and the people destroyed it. The other sisters and I drove to go see all the damage. 5 windows were
shattered, doors shattered, door knobs broken, and file cabinets destroyed. All they found was a 150$ phone cord and took that. It's really sad that people feel the need to destroy such a beautiful building for money. Well better news...later that night we had a lesson with the Habana Family she made Arros con leche!! I also got the recipe. :)

Saturday: SERVICE!!! So Sister Johnson and I woke up at 5:00 and headed over to a members house and helped them set up for a garage sale, we finished at 7 headed to the church and the two elders and us cleaned the building and all the broken glass. After we finished we headed to this huge "Make a Difference" service project and painted brick fences and covered graffiti. I love service, literally I wish I could do
more! Later that night we had dinner with the Montelongos, then went proselyting in our area. We found this small gray kitten and she followed us for a good 30 minutes, then we named her and parted ways. The reason behind the name popito or pooper is she had to stop every 10 steps to use the bathroom.
 
Sunday: CSI... Pretty much Sister Johnson and I figured out what happened to the church, and I want to be a CSI person when I get home!

Well that's all I got for this week!

Con Amor,
Hermana Greenhalgh



No comments:

Post a Comment