Hermana Greenhalgh

Hermana Greenhalgh

Monday, October 13, 2014

If it's not one thing, it's another... The day I almost died! - Letter 10/13/14

Hola Familia y Amigos,

You're probably wondering what's up with the title of this email... Well you will have to read and find out. I'm glad to hear that everyone had a good week, and everyone is enjoying the Fall in Idaho!  I miss Fall at home, here in Arizona it's finally cooling off to the 90s which is really nice. I never thought I would be wearing sweaters and jackets in 80 degree weather, but in fact I am! So here's my weekly round up of things:

Tuesday: Today we interviews with President Toone! They were awesome, he is so inspired and the BEST Mission President that I could ever ask for. We also got trained more on Facebook, and how to Skype
people! After the training Sister Johnson and I went to Taco Bell for the celebration of hitting 6months!! After lunch we headed back to the church and listened to President Toone's training. Sister Toone asked
my companion and I to make popcorn because they had a surprise for all of us. Sister Johnson and I made over 12 bags of popcorn and headed to the chapel. When we got there they announced we were going to watch "Meet the Mormons!" We got to have a private screening of it before it entered the theaters. It was soooo good! I encourage you all to go watch it! The last person they show will probably make you cry because it made me cry. It's about a missionary leaving home... So grab some tissues and head to the theater.

Wednesday:  Today we had Zone Meeting, and training. After Sister Johnson and I had our first Skype lesson!!! We taught Phillip, a guy in our area, and took some screenshots of it. Later that night we drove
over to an investigators house and were saying a prayer before we walked in. When we finished the prayer this little boy had this creepy grin on his face was staring right through the window!!  Scared the daylight out me!
Thursday:  Today we had another Skype lesson with a kid named David from Georgia, he was friends with Sister Johnson at college and isn't a member. It was a weird lesson... But it's ok! Later we headed to AZ
city and had a lesson with a less active member, and after had dinner with Hermana Bautista! She made us lasagna, spaghetti, bread, salad, cake, and ice cream... There was only two of us...

Friday:  Today we had weekly planning, and after Sister Johnson and I went to Big Wa for lunch.  After lunch we went on a finding adventure to find more people to teach! Later Tatianna Carr, a member in our ward came and practiced a song with me for her little brothers baptism the next day. The day went on and that night Sister Johnson and I decided to use whitening strips after we had finished planning... Anyways I
accidentally fell asleep with them on and woke up a couple hours later and found out I had swallowed one.. Well it was stuck in my throat.

Saturday:  Today after figuring out I had swallowed the tooth strip, my throat was really tight and I could hardly breath... Well I decided that I would be ok and just let it go. Later that day I sang at two baptisms, and my throat was getting tighter and tighter. Later that night I decided I better call Sister Toone and ask her what to do. She called the mission doctor and he told me to eat a banana, and just try to get the strip out of my esophagus. Sister Toone sent Sister Johnson and I home early that night so Sister Johnson could watch me and make sure that I didn't cough or stop breathing.. She said if it gets worse to head to the ER.

Sunday:  Woke up this morning gasping for air, and Sister Toone advised us to head to the ER.. We arrived at the ER at 7:27 am, they quickly took my vitals and did an X-Ray, next they put a camera down
my throat, and finally they gave me this IV with medicine to dissolve the strip in my airway. We spent 5 hours in the ER over a white strip... CAUTION...DO NOT swallow them!! Well I'm alright now, it's moved down and I still have some pressure in my chest when I breath, but the doctor said it would go away in a few days. Don't be alarmed! I'm doing great! Sister Toone calls me every few hours to check on me and my companion has been helping me with everything.

Skype with Phillip
We LOVE the rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment