Hermana Greenhalgh

Hermana Greenhalgh

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Miracles - Letter 07/07/14

Hola Familia,
 
How is everyone doing? Hopefully you all had a fun, and safe Fourth of July. This week has been really good. Me and Hermana Jacobsen are trying to find new people to teach, and are continuing to work with our investigadores. So a few things that have happened this week is the start of Monsoon season. We have had crazy lightning storms, and lots of rain. In the mornings it is super humid and hot but we survive.

On Friday for the Fourth, we were invited to the Branch President's house. He has a huge house with a pool, and ping pong tables, pool tables, and a basketball court. We had a barbecue over there with the new Spanish Elders who are actually a trio. The one elder used to be an AP (Assistant to the President) so whatever he says we do.  He is from Rupert Idaho, and is 7' tall just like President Toone. But anyways, we had dinner and did fireworks and played pool it was really fun.
 
So something really weird that happened this week was on Saturday afternoon. I had the master key for all the church buildings and I unlocked the door and we went and did Facebook as usual. Well, when we went to leave we couldn't find the key, which is super bad because it puts all the other missionaries in jeopardy because we use that key for everything. Well we looked literally every where throughout both of our bags, the bathroom, the library and NO LUCK. Later that night we came back and still couldn't find the key. We prayed all day, and never found it. Yesterday I was feeling pretty down because it was my fault for losing it, so I got down on my knees, and poured out my heart that we could find the key. I prayed to just have the miracle to find it. I asked Heavenly Father to send me a miracle. After I finished, my bag made a clink noise... My companion and I both stopped and looked at each other. I ran over to my bag and started going through it again... There was the key inside of the lining it got through the tiniest hole which is not even possible. I know for a fact the key wasn't there before! MIRACLES!! Ahh me and my companion were freaking out! We literally had looked through bag at least 12 times as well as other people looking through it. I know that was definitely a trial of my faith. Have FAITH, things will work out!
 
Another miracle is my Spanish is flourishing, My companion can not believe how much it has improved in a week. Thank you so much for all your prayers in my behalf, I'm humbled to know that I have so much love and support back home. 
 
I hope everyone is doing good, and if there is anything I can do to help any of you, PLEASE don't hesitate to ask me. As a missionary I pray a ton, So if my prayers need added to it would be best coming from you guys! I encourage all of you to read your scriptures. I have found a ton of peace from that, and the examples of the prophets. Remember who you are, and the name you hold.
 I love you all! 
Hermana Greenhalgh
 
Fourth of July with the Carr Family (13 kids one they way) and the Branch President's Family (6 kids one on the way)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment