Hermana Greenhalgh

Hermana Greenhalgh

Monday, July 14, 2014

Letter - 07/14/14

Hola Familia,

Thank you for all the emails. I love hearing from all of you each week. This week has been pretty good. There have been some rather interesting things happen, but I will get there haha!... How is everyone doing. Sounds like everyone had a pretty busy week. Glad to hear Mandie and Kip are moved in to their house. Also sad to hear Zach, and Joe are home. But they will be back out soon enough! 
So some things that have happened this week is we had a horrible Monsoon. My companion and I were in a middle of a lesson and the dust came out of NO WHERE. We had to run to our car and were stuck there for an hour. When I send my memory card home, you will be able to see the lightning and dust. The lightning was every second...literally pretty much the coolest thing I've ever seen. 
Next we found several more people to teach this week, they are also interested in what our message is. I asked a lady to be baptized and she accepted. She is on date for August 2. Francisco still won't commit to a date but we continue to teach him. Raul is on date for July 26, and then Kelcey is on date hopefully for August 12. We also found our former investigator Anel! YAY! We have been trying to locate her for the last 2 weeks. She finally accepted us in, and we plan to teach her the Plan of Salvation tomorrow. That's about it for investigators right now.
Next we had a surprise baby shower for a lady in our branch. It was so fun! We took lots of pictures. Our branch is really growing. Yesterday was a day to remember we got to use the Chapel for the first time! It was super spiritual, and I'm glad to not be cramped in a small room with 80 people anymore. I had to lead the music during sacrament. I don't know why, but every where I go they ask me to lead the music. I'm either singing at baptisms, or leading the music never fail. But it's okay I didn't take 5 years of voice lessons for nothing, right!?
Now to the gross part... So we were in Eloy #tootoughtodie City, and we found this cockroach that was the size of a mouse. You bet your socks I screamed. It was so sick! Next on Saturday we went to a investigators house and watched him kill a goat... then we ate it. Don't ask me how I did it.. I just did. I deleted the nasty picture of the bloody head for everyone's well-being not a sight anyone would want to see. But me and my companions faces are pretty priceless in some of the photos.
Well that's about all I got for this week. I hope everyone has a good week! Stay safe! 
Love,
Hermana Greenhalgh

Baby shower for Hermana Carr

 Goat killing at the Habanas

No comments:

Post a Comment