Hermana Greenhalgh

Hermana Greenhalgh

Sunday, October 11, 2015

This is the End...Hold Your Breath and Count to Ten! - Letter 10/05/15

Mis queridos,

This will be my final email as a Missionary, I never thought this would end. I'm so grateful for all the things I've learned while being a servant of the Lord. I'm going to be leaving a huge part of my heart here in Arizona when I leave, but I'm excited to see all of you! This past week I've had lots of time to ponder at night about my mission, I think back to the hard times, the good times, and the amazing spiritual experiences I've had. The mission hasn't been easy, but it has been 100% worth it! I want to thank each of you individually for
supporting me and cheering me on. Your prayers are greatly appreciated!

So a little recap on my mission: I started my mission off in Mexico City, Mexico in the CCM with Hermana Asilika Finau. I was born in the great city of Casa Grande, AZ. My trainers were Hermana Liza Jacobsen
and Hermana Shareny Romano. We had 2 baptisms together as a trio, Noe Sanchez and Walter Parra Yon. Second half training with Hermana Liza Jacobsen we had 1 baptism Kelsi Habana. My breaker/breakee was Hermana Alyson Johnson whom I served with for two transfers. We had so much fun, and even ended up in the hospital. After serving in Casa Grande for 6 months, I left to my home Cielito in Phoenix, AZ. I was
companions with Hermana McKenna Thompson we had 1 baptism Esteban Verdugo Moreno and served together 2 transfers. Next I received Hermana Alexis Jensen as my companion, A.K.A. My best friend! We had so much success together! We had 7 Baptisms: Humberto Soto, Alex Palacios, Marco Palacios, Celia Holguin, Olga Prado, Cecilia Martinez, and Eduardo Luzanilla! We were companions for 6 months, we got a car stolen and ended up on the hospital again but this time with a broken arm! Next Hermana Asilika Finau became my companion again for a transfer, and we were put together to work out past companionship
problems. We had 1 baptism together even though it happened after the transfer.  It was Ingrid Montes. Finally after serving 10 1/2 months in Phoenix I was called as a Trainer to whitewash into an area! I was
whitewashed back into Casa Grande with Hermana Sarabeth Allred! We had 1 baptism together Miguel MontaƱes, and his family is currently taking lessons! It's been so much fun being able to train her!

So there's a quick recap! I had 2 areas, 13 baptisms, 7 companions, and 1 Greenie! With my last email I want to share my testimony with all of you that I KNOW THIS CHURCH IS TRUE! I know the Book of Mormon is the word of God, we have a modern day prophet today who leads and guides us, President Thomas S. Monson. I know he is called and inspired of God, I know God lives and loves each and everyone of us. I know that through the Atonement all can be made right, and that Jesus Christ is my
Savior. I love Him, and will continue to do all I can do to be an example of Him. I owe Him everything, and I love Him with all my heart. I share this with you in the sacred name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Te Quiero mucho,
Hermana Lindsey Greenhalgh

 Saying Goodbye

No comments:

Post a Comment