Hermana Greenhalgh

Hermana Greenhalgh

Sunday, September 6, 2015

Out With the Old, In With the New! Letter 8/31/15

Buenos Dias Familia,

Wow have I got news to tell you... So this week has been crazy! We were supposed to receive transfer calls Tuesday night, and so Sister Finau and I are waiting to receive them, and the APs call us and ask us to house two missionaries from Temple Square for the night. Well we didn't have anything for them to use for bedding. So we start making calls at 9:45 to find bedding, and had to leave our apartment in our PJs to go find it. When we found some bedding we rushed back to our apartment and quickly made the beds up, and waited. Then Sister Finau realized we didn't have any water to give them.. So here comes my ingenious companion she takes a hunk of ice out of the freezer and melts it in a pan. I was laughing so hard watching her try to melt this thing, but hey we got water right?
 
The Sisters finally showed up, and they were awesome! One was from France, and the other the Philippines. It was an interesting night!
 
So transfer calls didn't happen Tuesday night which was nerve racking.. But Wednesday morning around 10 they finally called. And guess who I got a call from? President Toone! Our mission phones all have a special ring tone for him so I immediately begin to panic when I heard it. I answered and he said "Hey Sister Greenhalgh we want to extend a call to you to be a trainer of a new missionary, and you'll be white washing, will you accept this call?" Sister Finau screamed and was so excited, I just kind of sat there like.. Uh you want me to be a trainer?? I accepted the call! A couple months back while having an interview with President I told him my biggest fears for my mission were to train and to white wash, guess what I'm doing both! Ahh! Anyways, I begin packing and after being in the same area, apartment, and city for 10 1/2 months it was hard to be leaving. Who knew I could learn to love Phoenix so much! 
 
As we went about the rest of our day, we went to the St. Mary's food bank and a guy who works there gave me a group shout out because I was leaving.. I felt awkward but it's all good. Next we went about proselyting and also said adios to a few people. After dinner the APs call again and ask us to come to Tempe for a devotional, so we run home, get ready, and head to Tempe.  When we got there we entered the mission home and got to see 20 new missionaries. As we started President Toone announced that I would be speaking, SURPRISE. So that happened, but it turned out ok!
 
Thursday morning was transfers! I had to attend a trainers meeting early, and got to meet the trainees. When's the actual meeting started I was super nervous.. One because I was training, and two because I was whitewashing. Ahh! Well they announced my name and said I would be training Sister Sarabeth Allred! She's from Colorado and I'm so lucky to call her my daughter! We've had so much fun, and I feel like I'm not training her she came pre-trained! She's awesome! She's super dedicated to the work, and has a great desire to share the Gospel with everyone! We've had a lot of success the last couple of days! 
 
Honestly, it's pretty weird to return back to an old area.. And only have 2 areas my whole mission. I returned back to the same house, same area, and same people. It's interesting, I can definitely see changes in the people some for the good, some for the bad. I would ask for all of your prayers to help me and my trainee find new and prepared people! I know this is going to be the best transfer of my mission, because I'm going to work even harder here than before! 
Here's to my last transfer of my mission! May the odds ever be in my favor!

Love you all,
Hermano Greenhalgh
Packing and Saying Goodbye
Building  Apartment Unity
With Hermana Allred



No comments:

Post a Comment