Hermana Greenhalgh

Hermana Greenhalgh

Monday, July 21, 2014

Letter - 07/21/14

Hola Familia,

Como Estas? Hopefully everyone had a good week. Thank you all for emailing me. I hardly get letters to it's good to get emails. So just a recap of the last week:
 
Monday: Today we played Zone sports, and did our usual preparation day things. Later that night we found a guy named Antonio, he is from Honduras, and doesn't speak a word of English. but we have been teaching him. He knows a lot of stuff on the Bible, but doesn't believe that there is only one true church. 
 
Tuesday: We had interviews with President Toone, and had a training on how to be more Christ-like disciples. My interview went really good, and I also had one with Sister Toone. She is awesome, she reminds me a lot of Mom.
 
Wednesday: We had District Meeting and talked about the Christ-like attribute of Charity. This week we are focusing on Hope. Each week we try to implement a Christ-like attribute. 
 
Thursday: We drove out to Arizona City for the first time, as we were looking for one of our investigators who recently moved.  We found her mom. Her name is Deanna. We began teaching her and it went awesome. She is legit, and we are super excited to be able to teach her. Later we went to Eloy, and had dinner with Hermana Bautista! We love her she reminds me of Grandma Pat because she will feed you and feed you and feed you even when you don't want anymore! After dinner we went to the Church. My companion, me, and the trio of elders are teaching an English class. We had about 8 students show up, so we are teaching them all how to speak English. It's super funny to hear how they pronounce words. I'm sure people feel that way about me when I try to speak Spanish. The class was a success, and we will continue every Thursday to teach.
 
Friday: Today we had Weekly Planning, and got to go to INandOUT Burger! It was super good, I love it! They have scriptures on the bottom of all the cups and trays! We also got new updates on our Ipads, that now show us when we get emails. It's super distracting because I get everyone's emails! As if Facebook isn't a big enough distraction. Anyways later that night we ate the Montelongos and they know Marde Rutt, one of the nurses that works at Onesource! They wanted me to tell her Hi! 
 
After we got this weird phone call from Hermana Habana to come over to her house. We have been working with her daughter Kelcey since I got to Casa Grande. Missionaries have been working with her for over 3 years. She has a strong desire to be baptized, but her dad won't let her. Anyways we went over to their house and she made us dinner.. again! YAY.. Anyways she goes "do you want the bad news or the good news first?" I said "hit me with the bad" she then preceded to tell us that Kelcey couldn't get baptized... the goes JUST KIDDING KELCEY's getting baptized! She is on date for the 9 of Agosto! We are so stoked, and humbled to finally have this miracle brought to pass. Kelcey has been waiting for a really long time. Many prayers have been in her behalf.
 
Saturday: We had an awesome lesson with Deanna, and she is super excited to continue learning more about the Gospel. Oh... so I ate cow stomach... that was the nastiest thing ever. Don't ask me why I eat the weird stuff I just kinda have to. The goat wasn't that bad, but still after watching die.. yeah no fun.
 
Sunday: Today we had the Mission President's Fireside. It was really good, and super spiritual!
  
Today: We hiked CG Mountain and 5 this morning! It was so much fun, I got jumping cactus caught in my foot! Woohoo. Next P-day we are going golfing, and the next one after we are going to the TEMPLE! I'm so excited. It's been forever seems like.
 
Well that's about all I got right now! PLEASE send me letters, everyone in my house gets letters everyday except me.. And I never got Melissa's letter that she sent a week ago.
 
Have a good week! Love you all
 
Hermana Greenhalgh




No comments:

Post a Comment