Hermana Greenhalgh

Hermana Greenhalgh

Saturday, May 17, 2014

Last Week in the CCM - Letter 05/15/14

¡Hola Familia!
It was good to hear from you guys, I miss all of you. I didn´t get homesick I was just so happy to hear the little ones voices! I miss them so much. I can´t believe Sharbugs is talking, and Konman knows left from right, and little B is almost crawling :). I´m ready to get out of here and into the field, The CCM is awesome pero es tiempo to leave. 

Did you guys get pictures of grandmas house? I wish I could of been there, it´s definitely hitting me on how much I miss her. Please send pictures if you have them. I know Grams is here with me and she is with you guys as well. Tell Uncle Karl, Aunt Melanie, Judd, Jessie, Blythe and Zach "Hello" from me. Let Aunt Sherrie I said hello as well as Aunt Deena.

My week here has been pretty good, definitely busy pero bien! I got a music arrangement together for my District to sing at the final devotional and I´ve been sewing like crazy. I have to return the sewing machine tomorrow so people are lined up for me to get their stuff sewn. I say the final prayer on Sunday at the devotional for the whole CCM. Tomorrow I have infield training all day so that is going to super fun.. Not. I´ve started packing and I get my flight plans today. I will be calling Tuesday sometime not sure when keep your phones on you. 

My companion and I taught our final lessons with our investigatores and they cried. They are going to miss us and we will miss them. Two got 'bautizado'! I can´t wait to get to be with real investigators and share a big part of what makes me happy. Yo se que la Iglesia es verdadero y este bendice mi vida. I´m so grateful to be here serving a mission and learning so much about life. This is an amazing opportunity, and many are waiting to hear about the Gospel. 

I hope everyone is enjoying their week, and Melissa is enjoying her last few weeks of school. Tell everyone Hello from Mexico, and that I love them. Here is one of my favorite talks:

        "Fellowship of the Unashamed" by Henry B. Eyring. "I am part of the fellowship of the unashamed. The die has been cast. I have stepped over the line. The decision has been made. I am a disciple of Jesus Christ. I won't look back, let up, slow down, back away or be still. My past is redeemed, my present makes sense, and my future is secure. I'm finished and done with low living, small planning, smooth knees, colorless dreams, tainted visions, worldly talking, cheap giving, and dwarfed goals. I no longer need pre-eminence, position, promotions, plaudits, or popularity. I don't have to be first, recognized, praised, regarded, or rewarded. I now live by faith, lean on his presence, am uplifted by prayer, and labor with power. My face is set, my gait is fast and my goal is Heaven. My road is narrow, my way is rough. My companions are few, my guide is reliable, my mission is clear. I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, divided, diluted, or delayed. I will not flinch in the fare of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of adversity, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity. I won't give up, shut up, or let up until I have stayed up, stored up and paid up for the cause of Christ. I must go till He stops me. And when He returns for His own, He will have no problem recognizing me. MY BANNER WILL BE CLEAR"

Love,
{Hermana Greenhalgh}

No comments:

Post a Comment